IETF TLS Interim October 2014
October 21-22, 2014
23 Avenue d'Italie,
We're meeting at Vegebowl - 3, rue de la boule rouge, 75009 Paris. We'll be there around 8pm
See the IETF Interim meeting website.
- Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport
- The RER-B rail link provides the fastest and cheapest route between the airport and Paris. The journey time is approximately 25 minutes to Gare du Nord or 35 minutes to Denfert-Rochereau. For the meeting venue you must change to Metro M6 at Denfert-Rochereau, which provides a connection to Place d'Italie. The fare is under €10 for all Paris stations. Alternatively, taxis are available from the airport and the journey to central Paris is approximately 30-50 minutes, depending upon traffic. A taxi journey will typically costs around €50.
- Orly (ORY) airport
- Taxis provide the most convenient connection between the airport and Paris; the journey time to our office is approximately 20 minutes and will cost around €25. Alternatively, OrlyBus provides a shuttle bus service to Denfert-Rochereau and Metro M6 provides a connection to Place d'Italie; the cost is under €9 and the journey time is around 40 minutes. Bus 285 connects the airport to Villejuif-Louis Aragon Metro station and Metro M7 provides a connection to Place d'Italie; the cost is under €4 and the journey time is around 40 minutes. Finally, Orlyval provides a free rail link to Antony station, from which the RER-B provides a connection to Denfert-Rochereau, and Metro M6 provides a service to Place d'Italie; the cost is under €10 and the journey time is around 55 minutes.
By Train (Eurostar/SNCF/TGV)
- Gare de l'Est
- Metro M5 provides a direct connection to Place d'Italie in under 25 minutes.
- Gare de Lyon
- Metros M14 and M6 provide a connection to Place d'Italie via Bercy in under 20 minutes
- Gare du Nord (Eurostar terminal)
- Metro M5 provides a direct connection to Place d'Italie in just over 25 minutes.
Metros M5, M6 and M7 all stop at Place d'Italie and the meeting venue is a 3-4 minute walk from the metro station. Please be aware that some automatic ticket vending machines may refuse foreign credit cards. In this case you can use cash (currency is Euro in France), or you can use your foreign credit card at a ticket booth.
Buses 27, 47, 57, 62, 67 and 83 all stop at Place d'Italie and bus 64 stops at the intersection of Avenue d'Italie and rue de Tolbiac. The meeting venue is a 2-3 minute walk from all stops.
The following hotels are all at walking distance from the meeting venue.
- Mercure Paris Place d'Italie
- 25 Boulevard Auguste Blanqui, 75013 Paris. Hotel website
- Best Western Amiral Hotel
- 98 Avenue d'Italie, 75013 Paris. Hotel website
- Mercure Paris Gobelins Place d'Italie
- 8 bis Avenue de la Soeur Rosalie, 75013 Paris. Hotel website
- Ibis Paris Avenue d'Italie
- 15 bis Avenue d'Italie, 75013 Paris. Hotel website
- Kyriad Hotel XIII Italie Gobelins
- 5 rue Veronese, 75013 Paris. Hotel website
Two more 3-star Ibis hotels are available at 177 Rue de Tolbiac, 75013 Paris, and 25 Avenue Stephen Pichon, 75013 Paris.
Any hotel close to a metro station served by lines M5, M6 or M7 will provide convenient access to the meeting venue.
Getting to the meeting room
At the building entrance, ring the bell to be checked in by the receptionist, who will provide you with an access code. Take the elevator to the 5th floor, and use the access code to enter the INRIA offices. Another receptionist will help you find the way to the meeting room.
Wireless Internet access is provided on the whole 5th floor. A guest access code will be provided each day; the SSID is INRIA-guest. Alternatively, Eduroam access is available.
List of local attendees
For admin reasons, the list of local attendees needs to be known in advance. The following people are expected to show up at the meeting venue:
Daniel Kahn Gillmor
If you have further inquires about the meeting venue, please drop a mail to alfredo.pironti 'at' inria.fr (where 'at' stands for '@').